News and Announcements
We have been approved for 2 additional changes to our continuing swim programs.
Effective immediately …
- Our lane capacity changes from 4 to 6 swimmers per lane
- we are able to re-establish our Master’s program.
In a letter dated June 20th, the Executive has agreed to follow the Township of Langley Guidelines. We will do this by communicating with our swim families by email to read the supporting Documents on our website:1. Appendix A 2. Appendix F 3. Safety Guidelines for Facility User Groups.
Each of these can be found under the Media tab (light blue) on this website. Also you will find my letter of request to the Township.
President, Aldergrove Sea Monkeys Swim Club (ASM)
The document Appendix_F__ASM_Jun_2021__v1_6__1_.docx was attached to this post.
We have been approved for Time Trials as mapped out in the BCSSA Return to Competition document.
The Community Recreation Manager has forwarded some documents which outline the expectations of the EOC and ACUCC with respect to Aquatics. They are:
- Safety Guidelines for Facility User Groups (v2.1.1)
- Appendix F (Swimming) ASM
- Appendix G Ingress and Egress ACUC
Become familiar with these documents which are under the MEDIA tab /Documents on this site.
Also, please note that contact tracing is still required as outlined in the Safety Guidelines.
It is time to sign up your competitive swimmer in the Swimmingly Clubhouse platform so that your swimmer is registered as a competitor. Then, coachs Katie and Emilio can assign them from the roster to the different races as the weeks go on.
For a small fee of $10, you register once for this summer season on Swimmingly to participate in all races through June, July, and August. This summer you will save the expense of travel and different meet fees to race.
So, get your free Swimmingly phone app to follow your swimmer’s results every week.
Sea Monkeys return to Competition thanks to our efforts and the permission of the EOC and the ACUCC Community Recreation Manager.
Here are 12 answers to possible questions you may have when or before registering your swimmer(s)
1. No practices on statutory holidays
2. All competitions will be run as fun “Timed Trials” within practice times.
3. Individual Swimmer Equipment Bags will have a $75 deposit required for all Swimmers, prior to issuing equipment.
(Cheque or Credit Card Form)
4. Swim caps available for $12.
5. Club Swimsuit colour is black. Please let us know if you have questions regarding style and fit.
Since we won’t be at physical swim meets this year it’s not as time sensitive. We have info on styles, fabric to look for that lasts better, etc.
6. Aldergrove Sea Monkeys gear is available through “*Entripy*” and we encourage you to purchase one of our reasonably priced iconic orange shirts, as well as other fun team merchandise! https://aldergroveseamonkey.entripyshops.com
7. No fundraising or volunteer cheques required.
8. We will have some fundraisers to participate in throughout the season.
9. There will be two Zoom Business Meetings to attend during the season.
10. All prices are per swimmer. Swimmers must be 6 yrs – 18 yrs. with the swim ability for each program outlined in the 3 registration options.
11. Each swimmer must pay the annual $35 insurance fee once; it covers a Swimmer May 1/21 – April 30/22.
If you swim Fall & Winter fit next year, your insurance will already be paid!
12. Times are subject to adjustment due to facility availability, and PHO direction.
Our Return to Sport Plan is attached.
It covers how we are working together, to keep everyone safe while participating – Coaches, Parents, Volunteers and Swimmers each have a role to play.
It takes all of us to make this work and be able to enjoy renting and using the ACUCC pool.
Masks are mandatory for all. Swimmers remove their mask just before showering and entering the pool.
*3m of physical distance is required while on the pool deck and completing Dryland Training as well as during screening and attendance.
Participant Waiver and Indemnity Agreement
We will be requiring any registrants to attend an online Zoom meeting following registration where the participant waivers will be discussed. This will occur* prior to the first practice* and highlight the protocols in our Return to Sport plan.
$10 per 45 min practice – max 6 Swimmers per Coach. Completed Red Cross Swim Kids 1 or equivalent assessment.
3 sessions offered on Mon/Wed OR Tue/Thur – 5:30 – 6:15 pm in the Leisure Pool.
o M&W May 3 – June 2 – 9 practices $90
o M&W June 7 – July 7 – 10 practices $100
o M&W July 12 – August 11 – 9 practices $90
o T&Th May 4 – June 3 – 10 practices $100
o T&Th June 8 – July 8 – 9 practices $90
o T&Th July 13 – August 12 – 10 practices $100
Intro to Competitive Swimming
$14 per 1 hr practice – 8 Swimmers per Coach. Must be able to swim 25m unassisted.
2 options – Mon/Wed; 3 sessions OR Tues/Thurs for the full summer – 5:30 – 6:30pm in the Main Pool.
o M&W May 3 – June 2 – 9 practices $126
o M&W June 7 – July 7 – 10 practices $140
o M&W July 12 – August 11 – 9 practices $126
o Tues & Thurs May 4 – Aug 12 – 29 practices $406.00
1.25 hr practices – 8 Swimmers per Coach. Must be able to swim 50m continuously, unassisted.
Mon, Tues, Wed, & Thurs – 6:15 – 7:30pm – in the Main Pool. Begins with 15 min Dryland Warm-up.
May 3 – Aug 12 – $550 includes 1 swim cap.
**Come to all the practices you are able/want to attend.
Sometimes swimmers will attend less in May & June as school finishes and then attend all or most practices for July & August. It’s up to you and your schedule.
We look forward to another summer of Fun, Family and Competition and we are so happy to have you on our team!
*Registration Link: Aldergrove Seamonkeys | Find & Register for Races, Local Events & Things to Do | ACTIVE
If you are interested in volunteering on our Club Executive there’s room. We are a non-profit, volunteer run, Community Youth Sports Club.
Please email Rachelle with any questions or feedback! firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Everyone, we are so excited to be swimming this April 7 – 28 on Mondays & Wednesdays:
6:15-6:30pm Dryland training – Swimmers please wear runners and have sweats over your swim suit
6:30-7:30pm Water Workout
We will have a Personal Equipment Bag for each Swimmer again. Please bring your $75 deposit, per swimmer – cheque or credit card slip.
Please assist your Swimmer to line up physically distanced along the fence for Screening by Anna.
**The less “ques” and places to try to line up the better! : )
Request to our parents and guardians:
Specifically for our first practice this Wednesday, April 7, please plan to line up with masks on, with your Swimmers, to help set the habits and expectations in our Return to Sport plan to help support our Community Volunteers, who are assisting us with attendance and organization.
We are a non-profit club, run by volunteers, whose goals are to give your swimmers the best possible sporting experience!
We appreciate your help to meet this goal and have success as we strive to meet the current health protocols set in place by the Province.
The following order was sent to us, as one of the User Groups with the Township of Langley
Mandated by the Public Health Order:
· Physical distancing of three (3) meters must be maintained at all times with zero physical contact
· Team travel to, from, and between communities for training and practice is prohibited.
· Any patrons attending an event (e.g. parents picking up athletes) must disperse immediately. No gathering is permitted whatsoever and physical distancing must be maintained at all times.
· It is the responsibility of each sport organization to ensure their respective Return to Sport (RTS) plan is compliant with both the public health order and Township facility rules.
· No spectators unless the presence of a spectator is necessary in order to provide care to a child or youth (For example, providing first aid).